How long will I need to take proguanil?

How long you take proguanil depends on various factors such as the type of malaria you contracted and where you were infected. It also depends on your age, how sick you are and whether you are pregnant. Talk to your doctor about the length of treatment if you become infected with malaria while traveling abroad.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...