Can my child take primaquine?

Maybe, but it must be prescribed by the doctor who will evaluate the situation. In general, children are advised not to travel to areas where there is a risk of malaria. If your child will be traveling to such an area, talk to your doctor about his risk of malaria, and available treatment and prevention options.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...