What should I know about etravirine tablets before taking them?

You should know that it is unsafe to use etravirine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should also tell your doctor if you have ever had any allergic reaction to this or any other medicines. Know that etravirine is not a cure for HIV or AIDS, but will slow its progression. It will not prevent you from transmitting HIV to others. Also, severe and even life-threatening skin reactions have been reported in people taking etravirine. Tell your doctor right away if you develop a skin rash while taking the drug. 

Continue Learning about Anti-HIV Agent