How soon can lopinavir and ritonavir (LPV/r) improve my symptoms?

Lopinavir-ritonavir (LPV/r) is a protease inhibitor. It interferes with HIV replication inside the body, slowing the progression of HIV infection. Your doctor will monitor your progress carefully while you take lopinavir-ritonavir. Its effectiveness will depend on your age, your virus's level of drug resistance, your overall state of health and your other medications. You should notice a decrease in your viral load, which is a lab test and not really a symptom. This change will probably be slow and it is impossible to say how soon.

Continue Learning about Anti-HIV Agent