If I don't have symptoms, can I stop taking raltegravir?

It is important to continue taking raltegravir -- a drug used in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the virus that leads to AIDS -- exactly as prescribed.

Your doctor may prescribe raltegravir (brand name Isentress) even though you do not feel like anything is wrong. You may also start to feel better after being on the drug. Still, you should not take less of it, and you should not skip doses. If you do either, your infection could get worse, and the virus in your body could become resistant to drug treatment.

Continue Learning about Anti-HIV Agent