How should I store tipranavir?

How you should store the HIV drug tipranavir (Aptivus) depends on whether you take the capsules or the solution. If your prescription of tipranavir comes in capsules, the unopened bottles should be stored in the refrigerator. Opened bottles of capsules, or containers with tipranavir solution, should be stored at room temperature. Never freeze this drug, which is used to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

On the label of the bottle or container, mark the date you opened it and use it within 60 days. Throw away any outdated medicine. Always keep medications away from children and pets.

Continue Learning about Anti-HIV Agent