Can I take Edurant if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, talk to your doctor before taking Edurant (rilpivirine) –  a drug prescribed in combination with other medicines to treat human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1). There is not enough research to know whether Edurant is safe for use during pregnancy. You and your doctor will have to weigh the potential benefits of taking Edurant with the possible risks to your baby.

Breastfeeding is not recommended for women who take Edurant, as the HIV virus can pass through breast milk to the baby.

Continue Learning about Anti-HIV Agent