What should I do if I miss a dose of oxazepam?

Oxazepam (Serax, Zaxopam) is a benzodiazepine, a mild tranquilizer that reduces nervousness, tension, irritability and agitation in people with anxiety disorder, depression and alcohol withdrawal. You may be taking oxazepam only when you have symptoms, so if you miss a dose nothing will happen other than feeling anxious. Take the medication as soon as you remember it.

If you are taking oxazepam on a regular basis, you can also take it as soon as you remember it. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

how do i know if i am taking too much anti-anxiety medication ?
Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MDDr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
You may be taking too much anti-anxiety medication if you find you need it more often, and if your d...
what anti-anxiety medications can help me relax at the dentist ?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Anti-anxiety agents, such as nitrous oxide, or sedatives may help you relax during dental visits and...
what should i be aware of before i start taking anti-anxiety medication ?