What should I do if I miss a dose of oxazepam?

Oxazepam (Serax, Zaxopam) is a benzodiazepine, a mild tranquilizer that reduces nervousness, tension, irritability and agitation in people with anxiety disorder, depression and alcohol withdrawal. You may be taking oxazepam only when you have symptoms, so if you miss a dose nothing will happen other than feeling anxious. Take the medication as soon as you remember it.

If you are taking oxazepam on a regular basis, you can also take it as soon as you remember it. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

Can I drink alcohol if I take anti-anxiety medicine?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
There are some anti-anxiety medicines that should definitely not be combined with alcohol. These wou...
How do I know if I'm taking too much anti-anxiety medication?
Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MDDr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
You may be taking too much anti-anxiety medication if you find you need it more often, and if your d...
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?