What should I do if I miss a dose of oxazepam?

Oxazepam (Serax, Zaxopam) is a benzodiazepine, a mild tranquilizer that reduces nervousness, tension, irritability and agitation in people with anxiety disorder, depression and alcohol withdrawal. You may be taking oxazepam only when you have symptoms, so if you miss a dose nothing will happen other than feeling anxious. Take the medication as soon as you remember it.

If you are taking oxazepam on a regular basis, you can also take it as soon as you remember it. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

As an older adult, what should I know about taking anti-anxiety drugs?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
As we age, drugs tend to be metabolized and absorbed more slowly, lingering longer in the body. This...
Can I drink alcohol if I take anti-anxiety medicine?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
There are some anti-anxiety medicines that should definitely not be combined with alcohol. These wou...
What Are Some Alternative Therapies to Treat Anxiety?
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?