What is meprobamate?

Meprobamate is a prescription medication used for the management of anxiety disorders or the short-term relief of anxiety symptoms. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow for relaxation. Meprobamate is available as a tablet.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

How do I know if I'm taking too much anti-anxiety medication?
Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MDDr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
You may be taking too much anti-anxiety medication if you find you need it more often, and if your d...
What anti-anxiety medicines are used to treat generalized anxiety disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
One class of anti-anxiety medications, called benzodiazepines, works to immediately ease the symptom...
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Are Some Risks of Anti-Anxiety Medications?