What is meprobamate?

Meprobamate is a prescription medication used for the management of anxiety disorders or the short-term relief of anxiety symptoms. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow for relaxation. Meprobamate is available as a tablet.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

What foods should I avoid if I take anti-anxiety medicine?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors such as phenelzine (Nardil) or tranylcypromine (Parna...
What anti-anxiety medicines are used to treat generalized anxiety disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
One class of anti-anxiety medications, called benzodiazepines, works to immediately ease the symptom...
What Are Some Risks of Anti-Anxiety Medications?
What Are Some Alternative Therapies to Treat Anxiety?