What is Diastat?

Diastat is the brand name of the rectal gel formulation of the active ingredient diazepam. It is intended for the treatment of adults and children at least two years of age who have partial seizures or generalized tonic-clonic seizures. It is used when seizure activity increases despite other treatment. It is not appropriate for status epilepticus.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

As an older adult, what should I know about taking anti-anxiety drugs?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
As we age, drugs tend to be metabolized and absorbed more slowly, lingering longer in the body. This...
Are anti-anxiety medications used to treat bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Anti-anxiety medications are often used to compliment mood stabilizers that regulate the moods of pe...
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?