What is Buspirone?

Buspirone, or buspirone hydrochloride, is a prescription drug used to treat anxiety disorders. It is also used in cases of short term anxiety. Buspirone is thought to react with certain chemical receptors in the brain that help to induce calm.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

As an older adult, what should I know about taking anti-anxiety drugs?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
As we age, drugs tend to be metabolized and absorbed more slowly, lingering longer in the body. This...
What anti-anxiety medicines are used to treat generalized anxiety disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
One class of anti-anxiety medications, called benzodiazepines, works to immediately ease the symptom...
What Are Some Risks of Anti-Anxiety Medications?
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?