What is the difference between Niravam and Valium?

Niravam and Valium are both benzodiazepine drugs. They produce very similar effects. The active ingredient in Niravam is alprazolam. In Valium, diazepam is the active ingredient. The main difference between these medications is the dosage and absorption rate into the bloodstream. Niravam and Valium may each come in different forms. These forms may include capsules, tablets, or an intravenous injection.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

Are anti-anxiety medications used to treat bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Anti-anxiety medications are often used to compliment mood stabilizers that regulate the moods of pe...
What should I be aware of before I start taking anti-anxiety medication?
Sudeepta Varma, MDSudeepta Varma, MD
Before you start taking anti-anxiety medication, you should have a thorough work-up with your doctor...
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Are Some Risks of Anti-Anxiety Medications?