What is Limbitrol DS (chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline)?

Limbitrol DS (chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline) is a prescription medication used to treat moderate to severe depression associated with moderate to severe anxiety. Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant. Chlordiazepoxide belongs to the family of drugs called benzodiazepines. Both drugs work by affecting chemicals in the brain. Brand names of chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline tablets are Limbitrol and the double strength version is Limbitrol DS.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

Are anti-anxiety medications used to treat bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Anti-anxiety medications are often used to compliment mood stabilizers that regulate the moods of pe...
How do I know if I'm taking too much anti-anxiety medication?
Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MDDr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
You may be taking too much anti-anxiety medication if you find you need it more often, and if your d...
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?