What should I know about Diastat before taking it?

Before taking Diastat you should make sure that your doctor knows about all of the allergic reactions you have to diazepam and other benzodiazepines. Some medical conditions can affect the safety of using this medication, such as lung disease, glaucoma, kidney disease, liver disease, pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, make sure to tell your doctor, as a dependence on diazepam (the active ingredient in Diastat) may develop.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

How do I know if I'm taking too much anti-anxiety medication?
Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MDDr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
You may be taking too much anti-anxiety medication if you find you need it more often, and if your d...
Are anti-anxiety medications used to treat bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Anti-anxiety medications are often used to compliment mood stabilizers that regulate the moods of pe...
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Are Some Alternative Therapies to Treat Anxiety?