What should I know about Diastat before taking it?

Before taking Diastat you should make sure that your doctor knows about all of the allergic reactions you have to diazepam and other benzodiazepines. Some medical conditions can affect the safety of using this medication, such as lung disease, glaucoma, kidney disease, liver disease, pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, make sure to tell your doctor, as a dependence on diazepam (the active ingredient in Diastat) may develop.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

What anti-anxiety medicines are used to treat generalized anxiety disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
One class of anti-anxiety medications, called benzodiazepines, works to immediately ease the symptom...
Are anti-anxiety medications used to treat bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Anti-anxiety medications are often used to compliment mood stabilizers that regulate the moods of pe...
What Are Some Alternative Therapies to Treat Anxiety?
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?