Can I become addicted to Meprobamate?

Meprobamate is classified as a controlled substance so it is possible to become physically and psychologically dependent on it. Although it is unlikely that meprobamate will become habit-forming if it is taken as a short-term solution for anxiety, long-term use or higher doses may cause dependence. Withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, trembling, confusion, and rarely seizures, can be experienced if you suddenly stop taking meprobamate. To help avoid this, your doctor will gradually reduce the amount you are taking. Let your doctor know if you have had addiction problems in the past, so you might decide on an alternative solution.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

What Are Some Risks of Anti-Anxiety Medications?
How Do I Know If I'm Taking Too Much Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Are Some Alternative Therapies to Treat Anxiety?