What are my choices for anti-aging skin treatments?

Anti-aging treatments generally fall into three categories:

• things we (and sometimes you) can smooth onto the skin (Retin-A, chemical peels)
  • things we can inject under the skin (Botox, wrinkle fillers)
  • things that create an entirely new skin surface, eliminating problems the first two can’t touch (lasers and other tools)

Currently, there are two basic types of injectibles: muscle relaxers (Botox completely dominates this market), which aim to keep frown lines and brow furrows from getting etched in to begin with, and wrinkle fillers (there are several, with new ones appearing every year), which plump up and smooth out deep folds and creases. Fillers can also dramatically improve scars left by acne or injuries.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

What is a natural remedy for wrinkles?
As your skin ages, not only do wrinkles appear but the fresh dewy look of youth is replaced with...
How can I get rid of fine lines and wrinkles on my skin?
Wrinkles form on the parts of your face that move the most. Underneath your top layer of skin, you h...
How do alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) make skin look younger?
For a more youthful complexion wash with a weekly AHA at-home skin peel. Doing so will remove dead s...
The Secret to Healthy Aging
The Secret to Healthy Aging