How do I moisturize my undereye skin to prevent the signs of aging?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Moisturize the undereye area morning and night, and as needed throughout the day if this delicate area feels dry and uncomfortable. As the thinnest skin of the body, the eye area is the first to show signs of aging. Apply undereye cream very gently by patting it on the skin, using the ring finger. Start at the outer eye area and pat to the inner area, to avoid aggravating any lines or wrinkles. It is not necessary to apply the cream directly under the lash line but rather the orbital bone.

Eye creams may contain antioxidants such as vitamins A and E to protect against free radicals. Other ingredients include hydrating compounds like wheat germ oil, specific ingredients for conditions such as dark undereye circles, esculin (horse chestnut extract) for puffiness, zinc oligopeptide for wrinkles, and soy sterol for irritation. Unless specified, eye cream should not be applied on eyelid.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

Banish Dark Bags Under Your Eyes
Banish Dark Bags Under Your Eyes
When Abe Vigoda played Fish on Barney Miller, the dark bags under his eyes emphasized his laconic demeanor, while Benicio Del Toro’s swollen, dark und...
How can I protect my skin from the aging process?
Anne M. Chapas, MDAnne M. Chapas, MD
Watch as board certified dermatologist Dr. Anne Chapas provides tips for how you can protect your sk...
Look Younger All Over
Look Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All Over
Find out what anti-aging remedies and treatments may be right for you.
A Home Remedy for Under-Eye Circles
A Home Remedy for Under-Eye Circles