How do I moisturize my undereye skin to prevent the signs of aging?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Moisturize the undereye area morning and night, and as needed throughout the day if this delicate area feels dry and uncomfortable. As the thinnest skin of the body, the eye area is the first to show signs of aging. Apply undereye cream very gently by patting it on the skin, using the ring finger. Start at the outer eye area and pat to the inner area, to avoid aggravating any lines or wrinkles. It is not necessary to apply the cream directly under the lash line but rather the orbital bone.

Eye creams may contain antioxidants such as vitamins A and E to protect against free radicals. Other ingredients include hydrating compounds like wheat germ oil, specific ingredients for conditions such as dark undereye circles, esculin (horse chestnut extract) for puffiness, zinc oligopeptide for wrinkles, and soy sterol for irritation. Unless specified, eye cream should not be applied on eyelid.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

Whole Grains for Clearer Skin
Whole Grains for Clearer Skin
Wrinkles and pimples? It just doesn't seem fair. If you've tried cleansers, astringents and toners, but those stubborn red bumps are like nosy neighb...
What are some inexpensive anti-aging products for my skin?
Anti-aging products don't have to be expensive to work. Watch this video as Dr. Oz and dermatolo...
25 Top Cities for Aging Too Fast 2012
25 Top Cities for Aging Too Fast 201225 Top Cities for Aging Too Fast 201225 Top Cities for Aging Too Fast 201225 Top Cities for Aging Too Fast 2012
Find out where Americans have the unhealthiest RealAge.
What Is a Natural Remedy for Wrinkles?
What Is a Natural Remedy for Wrinkles?