How can I look younger without surgery?

There are various ways to reduce, prevent or even erase the signs of aging without resorting to surgery. Nonsurgical aesthetic treatments, also known as cosmetic skin procedures, can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, facial lines, unwanted hair, broken blood vessels, large pores and acne scars.

Women and men are embracing these procedures, which range from injections and microdermabrasion to laser and hair removal treatments. Plastic surgeons perform an estimated 8.5 million minimally invasive aesthetic treatments annually. Dermatologists, otolaryngologists, ophthalmologists and other medical specialists perform millions more.

The increased acceptance of aesthetic cosmetic procedures -- both surgical and nonsurgical -- is partially due to the decreased stigma attached to them. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, nonsurgical procedures make up nearly two-thirds of aesthetic treatments performed by plastic surgeons today.

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

The Best Reason to Look Younger
The Best Reason to Look Younger
If you don't look a day older than the age on your driver's license, that could mean a longer life for you. A study of elderly adult twins showed a c...
How can I protect my skin from the aging process?
Anne M. Chapas, MDAnne M. Chapas, MD
Watch as board certified dermatologist Dr. Anne Chapas provides tips for how you can protect your sk...
How can I look younger?
As we age, the skin loses firmness and vitality. In this video, Dr. Oz and Dr. Audrey Kunin give vie...
How Does Sleep Affect Skin Aging?
How Does Sleep Affect Skin Aging?