How can I keep my hands from aging?

There are simple solutions that can help prevent your hands from again. Learn about some of them in this video with Dr. Oz.

Ashley Lazzarini
Cosmetology

What is the best way you have found to care for your face?

The skin on our hands is thin and is exposed to outside elements and free radicals more than the skin on our face!

The absolute best way to take care of our hands is so simple and you might not even know you are doing it...

1. Apply the excess moisturizer and/or serum used on your face to the surface of your hands. Anything you are applying to your face is most likely something that you apply to your hands. 
  2. Exfoliate gently. If I use a chemical exfoliant, I put it on the surface of my hands. This works for all exfoliants. Stay away from apricot scrubs PLEASE
  3. If using hand sanitizer, try one that also moisturizes and has aloe.
  4. Apply hand cream before you go to bed. Some moisturizers that I use for my face work just as well and when or if I am not a fan of a facial moisturizer I keep it and put it by my bedside to remind myself.
  5. Get in the habit! Carry a hand cream with you, one that has SPF is the most important. If you hate carrying a purse large enough for an added tube of hand cream, go to a department store and ask for a couple of samples.
  6. The best way to find a hand cream is to visit a department store. Ask a beauty expert to sample different creams. It is very important that you try them. Some ingredients, even though they aren't meant to, can cause dryness around your cuticles, nail breakage, and flaky skin. Atopic dermatitis...just an allergic reaction not to be worried about. That cream doesn't work for you. Keep that sample and note the ingredients when you continue trying hand creams. Eventually you will find that best fit.

In the meantime, stick with using a moisturizer that works well on your face. Morning and evening...throughout the day use an SPF!

There are a million skincare cosmetic companies in the industry because not everything works for everyone. Keep that in mind while looking for a great hand cream.

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

Busy Woman's Guide: 7 Best Anti-Aging Beauty Secrets
"I want to look older." Said no one ever (no one over 20, that is). Six weeks after my daughter was born, I saw them. Lines! Crow’s feet! When did t...
What can I do to fight the aging of the skin around my eyes?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
To fight the aging of the skin around your eyes, which is delicate, there are a few key ingredients ...
Look Younger All Over
Look Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All Over
Find out what anti-aging remedies and treatments may be right for you.
Sharecare's Make a Change Challenge #2-Grow Younger