How can aging skin be healed?

Thin skin is more than just the inability to deal with a public beating from the boss. It's actually caused by not enough protein in your diet, not enough blood flow, not enough healthy fat, or too much of one hormone or another.

Technically, you're not losing skin-you're actually decreasing the thickness of each cell that causes thinness and tearing (most often on the forearms). Our patients tell us that eating an ounce of walnuts a day (that's about 24 half walnuts, which provide good protein and good fat) or taking a DHA omega-3 supplement, and using petroleum jelly on the forearms helps.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

Busy Woman's Guide: 7 Best Anti-Aging Beauty Secrets
"I want to look older." Said no one ever (no one over 20, that is). Six weeks after my daughter was born, I saw them. Lines! Crow’s feet! When did t...
How can wrinkle creams produce immediate results?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Some wrinkle creams decrease wrinkles by causing skin swelling. Any drug that promises immediate...
Look Younger All Over
Look Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All Over
Find out what anti-aging remedies and treatments may be right for you.
How Can I Tell If an Anti-Aging Treatment Will Really Work?