Can over-the-counter anti-wrinkle creams improve my skin health?

While there may be some benefits to anti-wrinkle creams, it's much more effective to protect your skin's health in other ways. Preventative measures may include protecting your skin from excessive sun exposure, quitting smoking, and following good general skincare habits. If you do decide to use them, there are some things to look for in an anti-wrinkle cream. Retinol, tea extracts, kinetin, hydroxy acids, and copper peptides are active ingredients in wrinkle creams that may help reduce wrinkles slightly. It is important to note that some of these ingredients may have side effects, and you may not see substantial results. Generally, anti-wrinkle creams should only be a small part of your skin care regimen if you do decide to use them.

Continue Learning about Anti-Aging Skin Care

Best Anti-Aging Ingredients in Skin Care Products
"The most important defense against aging skin is using sunscreen daily," says Gary Marder, a cosmetic dermatologist based in Port St. Lucie and Okeec...
What are my choices for anti-aging skin treatments?
Haideh Hirmand, MDHaideh Hirmand, MD
There are many anti-aging skin treatment options available today, including non-invasive injections,...
Look Younger All Over
Look Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All OverLook Younger All Over
Find out what anti-aging remedies and treatments may be right for you.
What Flawless Skin Means to You
What Flawless Skin Means to You