What increases my risk for anthrax?

Since anthrax is commonly spread from contact with infected animals, your risk is increased if you regular contact with livestock, and animal products. If you are a veterinarian, you may also have a greater risk for anthrax.

Your risk for contracting anthrax is also increased if you are in the military. There is a possibility that you may be sent to serve in a high-risk area.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

What is inhalation anthrax?
Inhalation, or pulmonary, anthrax happens when you inhale anthrax spores. Although symptoms may be m...
What causes anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Coming into contact with infected livestock usually causes humans to contract anthrax. The Bacillus ...
How does anthrax affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The effects of anthrax may depend on how it is acquired—through the skin, lungs, or stomach. Symptom...
How do I manage my anthrax on a daily basis?
To manage your anthrax on a daily basis, follow the recommendations of your doctor. Your doctor has ...