What increases my risk for anthrax?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Since anthrax is commonly spread from contact with infected animals, your risk is increased if you regular contact with livestock, and animal products. If you are a veterinarian, you may also have a greater risk for anthrax.

Your risk for contracting anthrax is also increased if you are in the military. There is a possibility that you may be sent to serve in a high-risk area.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

What do I need to know about caring for someone with anthrax?
When caring for someone with anthrax, remember to offer both emotional and physical support. Anthrax...
How do medications treat anthrax?
Antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ciprofloxacin, are used to treat anthrax. They attack the bacter...
What causes anthrax?
Coming into contact with infected livestock usually causes humans to contract anthrax. The Bacillus ...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose anthrax?
Prepare for your appointment by making a note of all your symptoms, and any medications that you are...