Should I talk to my doctor about my anthrax symptoms?

You should definitely talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication of anthrax, especially if you have reason to believe you may have been exposed to the disease. It can be hard to tell if you have anthrax symptoms; some are similar to the flu. Other symptoms, such as stomach pain and vomiting, could be mistaken for food poisoning. A blister on the skin that forms a black scab could be mistaken for a more mild infection. Since anthrax can be life threatening, it is important to talk to your doctor. Getting a proper diagnosis of the disease is the first step towards getting appropriate treatment. And health officials who track anthrax exposures will need to know to prevent further infections.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

Is anthrax serious?
Anthrax is a serious illness. Complications from the disease can lead to inflammation in the areas s...
What are the nerve toxins sarin and anthrax?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The nerve toxins anthrax and sarin inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholinesterase, an enzyme that is ...
Does anthrax affect children differently than adults?
The effects of anthrax are the same for children and adults. However, the affects of the treatment f...
What is anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious disease caused by bacteria called Bacillus anthracis. There are three types of ...