Is anthrax serious?

Anthrax is a serious illness. Complications from the disease can lead to inflammation in the areas surrounding the brain and spinal cord, resulting in severe bleeding. Anthrax is life threatening, and should be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. Delaying treatment may increase the chances of dying from the disease.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

How do other illnesses affect anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious illness that can cause many complications in the body. People must talk with a ...
What is inhalation anthrax?
Inhalation, or pulmonary, anthrax happens when you inhale anthrax spores. Although symptoms may be m...
How common is anthrax?
Anthrax is uncommon in the United States. There have only been 22 confirmed cases since December 5, ...
How do I manage my anthrax on a daily basis?
To manage your anthrax on a daily basis, follow the recommendations of your doctor. Your doctor has ...