Is anthrax serious?

Anthrax is a serious illness. Complications from the disease can lead to inflammation in the areas surrounding the brain and spinal cord, resulting in severe bleeding. Anthrax is life threatening, and should be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. Delaying treatment may increase the chances of dying from the disease.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

Should I talk to my doctor about my anthrax symptoms?
You should definitely talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication...
How common is anthrax?
Anthrax is uncommon in the United States. There have only been 22 confirmed cases since December 5, ...
What is anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious disease caused by bacteria called Bacillus anthracis. There are three types of ...
What causes anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Coming into contact with infected livestock usually causes humans to contract anthrax. The Bacillus ...