Is anthrax serious?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Anthrax is a serious illness. Complications from the disease can lead to inflammation in the areas surrounding the brain and spinal cord, resulting in severe bleeding. Anthrax is life threatening, and should be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. Delaying treatment may increase the chances of dying from the disease.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

Should I talk to my doctor about my anthrax symptoms?
You should definitely talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication...
How do other illnesses affect anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious illness that can cause many complications in the body. People must talk with a ...
How do medications treat anthrax?
Antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ciprofloxacin, are used to treat anthrax. They attack the bacter...
What are the nerve toxins sarin and anthrax?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The nerve toxins anthrax and sarin inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholinesterase, an enzyme that is ...