How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose anthrax?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Prepare for your appointment by making a note of all your symptoms, and any medications that you are taking. Make a list of any questions that you might want to ask your doctor. Have a record of how and when you think you may have been exposed; while not contagious, anthrax is dangerous, and health officials (who are routinely alerted in such cases) will need to know if they have to track down the source. Taking a family member with you to the appointment may also prove beneficial, especially if you are feeling really sick.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

What causes anthrax?
Coming into contact with infected livestock usually causes humans to contract anthrax. The Bacillus ...
How do I manage my anthrax on a daily basis?
To manage your anthrax on a daily basis, follow the recommendations of your doctor. Your doctor has ...
What is inhalation anthrax?
Inhalation, or pulmonary, anthrax happens when you inhale anthrax spores. Although symptoms may be m...
Does anthrax affect children differently than adults?
The effects of anthrax are the same for children and adults. However, the affects of the treatment f...