How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose anthrax?

Prepare for your appointment by making a note of all your symptoms, and any medications that you are taking. Make a list of any questions that you might want to ask your doctor. Have a record of how and when you think you may have been exposed; while not contagious, anthrax is dangerous, and health officials (who are routinely alerted in such cases) will need to know if they have to track down the source. Taking a family member with you to the appointment may also prove beneficial, especially if you are feeling really sick.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

What do I need to know about caring for someone with anthrax?
When caring for someone with anthrax, remember to offer both emotional and physical support. Anthrax...
What is inhalation anthrax?
Inhalation, or pulmonary, anthrax happens when you inhale anthrax spores. Although symptoms may be m...
Is anthrax serious?
Anthrax is a serious illness. Complications from the disease can lead to inflammation in the areas s...
How do medications treat anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ciprofloxacin, are used to treat anthrax. They attack the bacter...