How do other illnesses affect anthrax?

Anthrax is a serious illness that can cause many complications in the body. People must talk with a medical professionals if they believe they have been exposed to anthrax; if there appears to be an anthrax infection, local health departments may have to be alerted.  Those exposed must talk about any other illnesses they have and about any medications they are currently taking, as this will affect their anthrax treatments. If you suspect that you have been exposed to anthrax, you may be unable to get the anthrax vaccine as a preventive measure if you are suffering from another illness, such as cancer or Guillain–Barré syndrome. Chemotherapy treatments, and other medical treatments, which may weaken the immune system, may affect your ability to receive the anthrax vaccine.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

How do I manage my anthrax on a daily basis?
To manage your anthrax on a daily basis, follow the recommendations of your doctor. Your doctor has ...
What are the nerve toxins sarin and anthrax?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The nerve toxins anthrax and sarin inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholinesterase, an enzyme that is ...
How do medications treat anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ciprofloxacin, are used to treat anthrax. They attack the bacter...
What causes anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Coming into contact with infected livestock usually causes humans to contract anthrax. The Bacillus ...