How is anthrax diagnosed?

Anthrax may be diagnosed using a variety of methods. Doctors may perform a blood test to see if anthrax bacteria are found. Doctors may also collect a stool sample to check for the presences of anthrax bacteria.

Other methods of diagnosing anthrax include, using a chest x-ray if inhalation anthrax is suspected, and performing a skin biopsy to test for cutaneous anthrax.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

How do I manage my anthrax on a daily basis?
To manage your anthrax on a daily basis, follow the recommendations of your doctor. Your doctor has ...
How do medications treat anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ciprofloxacin, are used to treat anthrax. They attack the bacter...
How do other illnesses affect anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious illness that can cause many complications in the body. People must talk with a ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my anthrax symptoms?
You should definitely talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication...