What do I need to know about caring for someone with anthrax?

When caring for someone with anthrax, remember to offer both emotional and physical support. Anthrax can be life threatening, and dealing with the disease can be stressful. Anthrax is a serious illness, which can cause pain, vomiting and fever. A person with anthrax may also have difficulty breathing. It may help to attend doctor appointments with the person suffering from anthrax. Also, encourage the person to rest and to take their medication as directed.

Continue Learning about Anthrax

Is anthrax serious?
Anthrax is a serious illness. Complications from the disease can lead to inflammation in the areas s...
What is anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious disease caused by bacteria called Bacillus anthracis. There are three types of ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my anthrax symptoms?
You should definitely talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication...
How do medications treat anthrax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antibiotics, such as doxycycline or ciprofloxacin, are used to treat anthrax. They attack the bacter...