What should I try if Helidac Therapy does not work for me?

If Helidac Therapy does not work for you or you cannot take it because of specific risk factors, your doctor may prescribe another medication or drug combination to kill bacteria and treat stomach ulcers. Helidac Therapy is a combination of bismuth subsalicylate (an antimicrobial agent) and the antibiotics metronidazole and tetracycline.

Another brand-name medication, Pylera, is similar -- but different in a way that may make a better choice for some people. It is a combination bismuth subcitrate, metronidazole and tetracycline. Because it does not contain salicylates, it may be an acceptable choice for people with allergies to salicylates or aspirin.

Continue Learning about Antacid

When should I take antacids?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Over-the-counter antacids are still the fastest way to speed relief for indigestion, and a quick...
Is it OK to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Some people with acid reflux get into the habit of taking over-the-counter antacids daily to prevent...
What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?