What should I try if Helidac Therapy does not work for me?

If Helidac Therapy does not work for you or you cannot take it because of specific risk factors, your doctor may prescribe another medication or drug combination to kill bacteria and treat stomach ulcers. Helidac Therapy is a combination of bismuth subsalicylate (an antimicrobial agent) and the antibiotics metronidazole and tetracycline.

Another brand-name medication, Pylera, is similar -- but different in a way that may make a better choice for some people. It is a combination bismuth subcitrate, metronidazole and tetracycline. Because it does not contain salicylates, it may be an acceptable choice for people with allergies to salicylates or aspirin.

Continue Learning about Antacid