What should I do if I miss a dose of Helidac Therapy?

If you miss a dose of Helidac Therapy, simply wait to take the next dose as scheduled. Continue your regular schedule until all of your medication is gone. Do not take a double dose to make up for one you missed.

Each dose of Helidac Therapy, a combination of medications used to treat peptic ulcers, includes four pills: two chewable tablets of bismuth subsalicylate, one tablet of metronidazole and one capsule of tetracycline. You should take only these four pills during each dose. Call your doctor if you miss more than four doses.

Continue Learning about Antacid

Is it OK to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Some people with acid reflux get into the habit of taking over-the-counter antacids daily to prevent...
Do antacids interact with other medications?
Certain medications may cause complications when taken with antacids or acid reducers, particula...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?
If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?