Who should not take calcium carbonate?

Calcium carbonate should not be taken by anyone with an allergy to it. If you are on any medications or have certain medical conditions, a doctor may suggest that you don't take calcium carbonate, which can decrease the effectiveness of certain drugs and complicate some conditions. Pregnant and breast-feeding women should discuss with their doctor the risks and benefits of taking calcium carbonate.

Continue Learning about Antacid

Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?
If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Keri Peterson, MDKeri Peterson, MD
If that pepperoni pizza you had for dinner doesn't agree with you, you probably have a low-risk ...
What is an antacid?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Antacids neutralize acid in the stomach. They act quickly and for a short period of time. This makes...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?