How should I take calcium carbonate?

Calcium carbonate should be taken orally with food, usually two to four times per day. Use only the amount directed or recommended by your doctor. Do not use calcium carbonate as an antacid for longer than two weeks without discussing the medication with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antacid

How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Keri Peterson, MDKeri Peterson, MD
If that pepperoni pizza you had for dinner doesn't agree with you, you probably have a low-risk ...
What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
Is it OK to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
It's okay to take antacids every day; However, patients with prolonged symptoms should see a doctor ...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?