Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?

If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any drugs you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Antacids, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications, and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of antacids and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage.

Continue Learning about Antacid

do antacids have any side effects ?
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
what should i know before taking antacids ?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
is it ok to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Some people with acid reflux get into the habit of taking over-the-counter antacids daily to prevent...
do antacids interact with other medications ?
Certain medications may cause complications when taken with antacids or acid reducers, particula...