Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?

If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any drugs you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Antacids, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications, and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of antacids and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage.

Continue Learning about Antacid

Do antacids have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
What should I avoid while taking antacids?
Until you know how you will react to antacids, you should not drive or operate heavy machinery. Cert...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?