Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?

If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any drugs you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Antacids, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications, and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of antacids and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What kind of antacid should I take for indigestion?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
An over-the-counter antacid like TUMS works fine for indigestion. There are fancier and more exp...
Is it OK to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Some people with acid reflux get into the habit of taking over-the-counter antacids daily to prevent...
How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Antacids help to minimize the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux by neutralizing the acidity ...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?