How soon after starting Helidac Therapy will my symptoms improve?

Your symptoms may improve soon after you start Helidac Therapy, but it is important to continue taking the pills as scheduled until they're gone. When you're on Helidac Therapy, a combination of medications used to treat peptic ulcer, you'll take four pills at a time, four times a day, for a course of two weeks. You shouldn't skip doses or stop taking the medication early; if you do, the bacteria that are responsible for your ulcer may not be completely wiped out, and they may become resistant to future treatment.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What kind of antacid should I take for indigestion?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
An over-the-counter antacid like TUMS works fine for indigestion. There are fancier and more exp...
What’s the difference between cimetidine and an antacid?
Cimetidine is in a group of medications called histamine type-2-receptor antagonists that block ...
Do antacids have any side effects?
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?