How soon after starting Helidac Therapy will my symptoms improve?

Your symptoms may improve soon after you start Helidac Therapy, but it is important to continue taking the pills as scheduled until they're gone. When you're on Helidac Therapy, a combination of medications used to treat peptic ulcer, you'll take four pills at a time, four times a day, for a course of two weeks. You shouldn't skip doses or stop taking the medication early; if you do, the bacteria that are responsible for your ulcer may not be completely wiped out, and they may become resistant to future treatment.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What should I avoid while taking antacids?
Until you know how you will react to antacids, you should not drive or operate heavy machinery. Cert...
Do antacids have any side effects?
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
Should I take an antacid with calcium?
Not so fast. As we age, we tend to produce less stomach acid. To be absorbed, calcium requires vitam...
How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Antacids help to minimize the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux by neutralizing the acidity ...