How should I take antacids?

Because there are so many different types and combinations of antacids, there are many different ways to take them. Follow the directions of your doctor and those printed on the medication container. When you first begin taking antacids, you should not drive or operate machinery until you determine how they affect you.

Continue Learning about Antacid

Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?
If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Should I take an antacid with calcium?
Not so fast. As we age, we tend to produce less stomach acid. To be absorbed, calcium requires vitam...
When should I take antacids?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Over-the-counter antacids are still the fastest way to speed relief for indigestion, and a quick...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?