How do I know if Helidac Therapy is working for me?

You will know whether Helidac Therapy is working for you and has successfully treated your peptic ulcer when your doctor performs a test at least four weeks after you take your last pills. He or she will use a breath test or a stool test to determine if the Helicobacter pylori bacteria that caused your ulcer have been killed.

The antibiotics used in Helidac Therapy cure 80% to 90% of ulcers caused by H. pylori. However, if some of the bacteria survive, your ulcer could come back. In that case, your doctor may prescribe another round of treatment, likely with different antibiotics this time.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
Is it OK to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
It's okay to take antacids every day; However, patients with prolonged symptoms should see a doctor ...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?