Do I change my diet on aluminum hydroxide-magnesium hydroxide?

If your doctor has prescribed aluminum hydroxide-magnesium hydroxide for treatment of an ulcer, then you have likely been given special dietary instructions. During the time that you are taking aluminum hydroxide-magnesium hydroxide, it is important to follow the diet prescribed by your doctor carefully. Be sure to report any dietary issues to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
What’s the difference between cimetidine and an antacid?
Cimetidine is in a group of medications called histamine type-2-receptor antagonists that block ...
Do antacids have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?