What is bismuth subsalicylate, metronidazole, and tetracycline?

Bismuth subsalicylate-metronidazole-tetracycline is a combination of antibiotics used against the Helicobacter pylori bacteria. Infections involving these bacteria are common to stomach ulcers. Bismuth subsalicylate-metronidazole-tetracycline kills the bacteria and keeps the ulcers from recurring. This combination of antibiotics is a prescription medication that appears under the brand name Helidac.

Continue Learning about Antacid

When should I take antacids?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Over-the-counter antacids are still the fastest way to speed relief for indigestion, and a quick...
What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
What kind of antacid should I take for indigestion?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
An over-the-counter antacid like TUMS works fine for indigestion. There are fancier and more exp...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?