What increases my risk for toxic anoxia?

Your risk of toxic anoxia is increased if you are exposed to certain chemicals, gases, or drugs. Since carbon monoxide can lead to toxic anoxia, your risk is also increased if you don't have proper safety measures, like detectors or alarms, in your home or workplace. Abusing illegal drugs also increases your risk for toxic anoxia.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...