What are the symptoms of anoxic anoxia?

There are a variety of symptoms that a person with brain injury might experience. These include:

• Loss of consciousness
  • Vision changes
  • Dizziness
  • Coma
  • Headache
  • Confusion

However, it is possible for individuals experiencing anoxic anoxia to not suffer from many of these symptoms. Generally, however, anoxic anoxia will make a person lose consciousness. If a large amount of brain cells have been killed, it is possible that the individual will never regain consciousness and may die. In other cases, memory, sensory, movement, and reasoning/thinking skills are adversely affected.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...