Does stagnant anoxia affect children differently than adults?

Stagnant anoxia affects children in the same way that it affects adults. However, the causes for the condition may be different. No matter a person's age, if their brain and/or heart experience oxygen deprivation for an extended period of time, these vital organs will begin to die. If the condition is treated immediately, there is a good chance of full recovery.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...