How do I manage my stagnant anoxia on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Stagnant anoxia is a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention. First and foremost, oxygen to the deprived tissues or organs needs to be restored. Doctors must figure out what is causing the interference of blood flow in a person's veins and try to repair it. Afterwards, they can assess what degree of damage has occurred locally and to the brain and begin determining how long recovery will take. Daily management of the condition depends on what caused the stagnant anoxia and how much damage to the brain and/or other organs has occurred.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...