How do I manage my stagnant anoxia on a daily basis?

Stagnant anoxia is a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention. First and foremost, oxygen to the deprived tissues or organs needs to be restored. Doctors must figure out what is causing the interference of blood flow in a person's veins and try to repair it. Afterwards, they can assess what degree of damage has occurred locally and to the brain and begin determining how long recovery will take. Daily management of the condition depends on what caused the stagnant anoxia and how much damage to the brain and/or other organs has occurred.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...