How can I manage my anoxic brain injury on a daily basis?

If you are recovering from an anoxic brain injury, you may be experiencing many cognitive, physical, and emotional symptoms. To manage these symptoms, it helps to have a team of rehabilitation professionals. Physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy may all play a part in your recovery and the management of your symptoms. Talking with a counselor can help you deal with any frustrations you may be having. Although the recovery process can be unpredictable, try to be patient. Improvements can be gradual and may occur over a period of months or years.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...