How can I manage my anoxic brain injury on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you are recovering from an anoxic brain injury, you may be experiencing many cognitive, physical, and emotional symptoms. To manage these symptoms, it helps to have a team of rehabilitation professionals. Physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy may all play a part in your recovery and the management of your symptoms. Talking with a counselor can help you deal with any frustrations you may be having. Although the recovery process can be unpredictable, try to be patient. Improvements can be gradual and may occur over a period of months or years.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

what should i do if i suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury ?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
what is an anoxic brain injury ?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
how does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes ?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
what parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury ?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...