What increases my risk for anoxic brain injuries?

If you are at risk for illnesses and injuries that can lead to oxygen deprivation, then your risk for an anoxic brain injury is increased. If you have cardiovascular disease or are at risk for strokes, for example, then your risk is higher for anoxic brain injuries. If you engage in activities that make you susceptible to head traumas, drowning, or electrocution, your risk for anoxic brain injuries will also be higher.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...