What increases my risk for anoxic brain injuries?

If you are at risk for illnesses and injuries that can lead to oxygen deprivation, then your risk for an anoxic brain injury is increased. If you have cardiovascular disease or are at risk for strokes, for example, then your risk is higher for anoxic brain injuries. If you engage in activities that make you susceptible to head traumas, drowning, or electrocution, your risk for anoxic brain injuries will also be higher.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...