How do medications treat anoxic anoxia?

Although medications cannot undo the damage caused by an oxygen depletion to the brain, they can help to address some of that damage. When movement and memory are concerned, for instance, some medicines may be able to dull the effects of the original injury. However, sufferers of brain injuries, even those who take medications, cannot be expected to fully recover.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...