How do I manage my toxic anoxia on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The brain damage that can result from toxic anoxia may require a long recovery and rehabilitation process, depending on the severity of the damage. Regardless of the extent of the damage, it's important to talk with specialists such as physical and occupational therapists, speech therapists, and neuropsychologists. Follow your doctors' recommendations regarding any medications or other treatments. The process can be very slow and frustrating, so talk to your therapists and psychologists to get a clear picture of what to expect. Because progress may be slow, it's important to congratulate yourself after every step you take, no matter how big or small. Remember that you can rely on the help and support of your doctors and loved ones as you go through the recovery process.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...