What is the current recommendation concerning stagnant anoxia?

The current recommendation concerning stagnant anoxia is to seek immediate medical attention. This condition is considered a possibly life-threatening medical emergency. Generally, the first thing medical professionals do is put a person on pure oxygen and try to restore oxygen flow to whatever organs or tissues have been deprived. If oxygen is cut off to the brain for even a few minutes, brain cells will begin to die. Stagnant anoxia can lead to permanent brain damage, coma, and even death.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...