What increases my likelihood for a successful anoxic brain injury recovery?

Although recovery from an anoxic brain injury can be unpredictable, some factors can increase your likelihood for a more successful outcome. The less time you were unconscious and the less time you were deprived of oxygen, the better the outcome. In addition, being young can help. Research indicates that people under 25 years old have a higher likelihood of a successful recovery.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...