What do I need to know about caring for someone with toxic anoxia?

Caring for someone recovering from toxic anoxia can be as difficult on you as it is on your loved one. It's important to remain positive and supportive throughout the recovery process. Help your loved one as they work with various therapists and specialists, and remember that results may not be immediate. Stay informed about the role of each specialist and about the progress being made. Since recovery can be very difficult, it's crucial that you provide both physical and emotional support for your loved one.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...