How should I care for someone who has had an anoxic brain injury?

If you're caring for someone who has had an anoxic brain injury, keep in mind that the injury may cause emotional problems - like depression and irritability - as well as cognitive and physical ones. Recovery can be a slow, gradual, and often frustrating process. It can also be very unpredictable. Try to offer as much encouragement as possible. Support from loved ones and friends can go a long toward stimulating motivation and progress.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
Is an anoxic brain injury serious?
An anoxic brain injury is a serious and possibly life-threatening injury in which the brain is depri...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...
What is an anoxic brain injury?
An anoxic brain injury occurs when your brain stops receiving oxygen. This disruption of oxygen flow...